Sunday, October 6, 2013

If Every Employee is a Businessman


After giving too much thought and asking many persons about the title line, I finally decided to share my opinions. Before you go any further I would request you to comment your thoughts on “IF Every Employee is a Businessman”. Let us see how many employees and Businessman share the same opinion. Go ahead post your comments and come back to read it further.

It started with my talks to owner of an Automation Service provider company (they do mostly international projects). They are a small team of around 10-15 persons and very successful in their domain. Meeting Mr Khanna (name changed), man in his early 50s was a great opportunity for me. So dynamic, enthusiastic like a young man and always carrying a smile on his face. I asked him the same lines and he was like, “how you know that we practise it”. He said to me,”Mohit my company is working for the growth of its drivers. I don’t have employees, every individual in my company is working for his growth and if they help others to grow, they get double growth.” So it was like you help your colleague in some work and your manager see you doing this and he gives you double points. Mr Khanna says if an employee in a company grows it means that company is doing well even during recession. When I checked the moral of the people working there, every one said they are working for others to grow. I was impressed.

I had served three companies is last 3 and half years. During my services I met many dynamic personalities who never sold themselves. They had all the potentials but they worked to earn money only and they were selling their thoughts to all their colleagues. They never think to bring meaning to their company. They even tried to sell their thought to me and I told myself,”if you cannot change your environment then change your environment” and I did the same always.  You should work to bring meaning to what you do. Do you?

Every employee who needs to grow has to do business. He/she has to sell his/her knowledge in order to get the return. Once you sold your knowledge and get the return, you have to upgrade your knowledge to increase your return.


When I ask the same question to my ex-colleagues and present ones too, most of them were like, companies will cease to exist. The list starts from managers to ground level staff. I have heard Guy Kawasaki saying that Steve Jobs always hire persons who have more potentials than he had. In simple words ‘A players hire A+ players.’ That’s one of the reasons for the growth APPLE. Only one of my friends said without giving a thought that in a company where every employee is a businessman the company will never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment